Creating value without waste: Saving space in existing laboratories by using the SmartRack®
The SmartRack® laboratory organisation system enables a more efficient use of space in the existing area and creates free work surfaces
The SmartRack® in a laboratory fume hood: space saving and efficiency go hand in hand
How can up to 80% space be saved by using the SmartRack®?
- The use of the SmartRack® offers enormous potential in terms of optimising laboratory workstations and increasing efficiency in work processes. This is made possible by the modularity of the SmartRack®, because with just one click you can adapt your organisational system to your individual needs and remain flexible in terms of height and depth in the use of your workplace – at the same time, all the work equipment will always stay at hand and organised.
- As the world’s only organisation system for laboratory workstations, the SmartRack® allows the consistent use of the room height at the laboratory workstation to create additional storage areas. This is a significant advantage, especially when working in fume hoods and safety cabinets.
- Classic cork rings for the storage of round flasks, tripod linkage for the storage of shaking or separating funnels and chromatography columns are associated with a large space requirement, instability and a high time investment during construction. The SmartRack® solves all these problems.
- Holders already exist for numerous consumables, such as sample tubes, cell culture tubes, beaded bottles or laboratory screwed bottles, but these are neither coordinated with each other, nor can they be stored one above the other in height to save space. This means that the work in the laboratory fume hood or in the laboratory safety cabinet takes place primarily at the table level. However, this work surface is very limited.
- So the SmartRack® makes it possible to clear a wide variety of laboratory accessories, glassware and samples from the table level into the SmartRack® and, by doing so, to create a free work surface. The usable working area is significantly increased by consistent use of the room height at the laboratory workstation. This results in space savings of up to 80%.
Application example: Use of the SmartRack® in the laboratory fume hood
Picture of the initial situation:
A classic, usually very messy laboratory workstation with a high risk of injury, long search times and the risk of sample confusion and sample loss.
Picture of the desired condition:
Very well-structured and tidy laboratory workstation when using two SmartRacks, in which the workstation has been extended with additional working space by taking advantage of the height. The central work surface is left free, allowing safe and efficient working.
The saving of space through the SmartRack® and the SmartRack® mini in a concrete example:
The SmartRack® pays back its investment costs through the added value created by a more efficient use of space and the higher availability of free working space both when used in the laboratory fume hood, as well as in the safety cabinet or on the laboratory bench.
1: The list prices for fume hoods for general use (no special hoods) range from about 5,500 EUR to 9,500 EUR depending on the hood width, the hood type and the equipment. Depending on the size of the project, prices are reduced by up to 40% for very large projects. If you start from a medium laboratory project (20% discount), you will get a unit price for a fume hood of € 4.400 to € 7.600, i.e. an average of € 6.000 per hood.
You can download our product catalog as a PDF file from the downloads section of our website.
If you are interested in our products, please use the inquiry form in the downloads section.
If you need more information, please contact us and use our contact form.